The dogs potentially dangerous are not synonymous with dangerous dogs. It is important to know how to distinguish the two concepts and to know the legal framework behind the arrest of these animals, before taking any decision to adopt a race like this. Adopting is for life.
The appeal of dogs, potentially dangerous, there has been growing due to certain occurrences between these and people, that result in physical harm, as well as with the question of the possibility of the pet animals that they may pass to enter restaurants and other commercial establishments. As such, it is a topic that should be clarified both for protection of the people as the dogs themselves.
DOGS POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS: WHAT ARE THE RACES?
According to the Decree-Law n. º 315/2009 29 October, is considered to be potentially dangerous “any animal which, due to the characteristics of the species, to aggressive behavior, the size or the power of the jaw can cause injury or death to persons or other animals, including dogs belonging to breeds previously defined as potentially dangerous, ( … ), as well as the intersections of the first generation of such, the intersections of these among themselves or crosses of these with other breeds, thus obtaining a typology similar to some of the breeds that are referred to (…)”.
Are these races on the following:
- Fila Brasileiro
- American Pit Bull Terrier
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- American Staffordshire Terrier
- Dogo Argentino
- Tosa Inu
DANGEROUS DOGS: WHAT ARE THEY?
There is a great confusion between which dogs are potentially dangerous and dangerous dogs. The latter depend on the conditions they find themselves in and are-in regardless of the breed: any animal, in this case the dog, who fit into one of the following criteria is considered dangerous:
- ” (i) Has bitten, attacked or offended the body or health of a person;
- (ii) Has injured or killed another animal, outside the sphere of immovable property that constitute the property of the holder;
- (iii) Has been declared voluntarily by the holder, to the parish council of their residence area, that has a character and behavior aggressive;
- iv)Has been considered by the competent authority as a risk to the safety of persons or animals, due to their aggressive behavior or specificity physiological.”
WHAT IS NEEDED TO BE ABLE TO HAVE ONE OF THESE DOGS?
THE LEGAL CONDITIONS FOR POSSESSION
It is considered to be his keeper “means any natural person, age 16, on which rests the duty of vigilance of an animal is dangerous or potentially dangerous for the purpose of creation, reproduction, maintenance, accommodation, or use, with or without commercial purposes, or who has under his guard, even on a temporary basis.”
To hold an animal such as a pet animal a license is required from the parish council of the area of residence of the holder , issued between 3 and 6 months of age of the animal after the presentation of the following elements, and is of the annual renewal:
- Term of responsibility where he / she is familiar with the legislation, have security measures in accommodation and have the history of aggression of the animal;
- Criminal record, current holder attesting to his / her reputation;
- Civil liability insurance for the animal (the minimum capital of €50,000);
- Proof of sterilization of the animal, except if it is inscribed in the Book of Origins officially recognized;
- Proof that the animal is identified with a microchip, put up by a veterinary doctor;
- Boletim sanitário atualizado, que comprove, em especial, a vacinação antirrábica;
- Comprovativo de aprovação em formação para a detenção de cães potencialmente perigosos ou perigosos.
This training is conducted by trainers certified by the DGAV and has a view to your socialization and obedience, and may not in any case have a view to their participation in fights or the reinforcement of aggression to people, other animals or goods. Should start between 6 and 12 months of age of the animal.
THE CONDITIONS OF CIRCULATION
So that they can circulate on the public highway or in the common parts of urban buildings, these dogs have to be led by someone over 16 years of age, being mandatory the use of a muzzle and leash walking of up to 1 meter fixed to the collar or breastplate.
CONDIÇÕES DE ALOJAMENTO
- Seals with at least 2 m of height;
- A maximum spacing of 5 cm between the railing or between this and the gates or walls.
- Display, required and visible on the exterior of the place of accommodation of the animal and the residency of the holder of a warning sign of the presence and dangerousness of the animal.
NON-COMPLIANCE OF THE LAW
It is considered to be the actor of a crime and punishable with imprisonment anyone who promotes fights between animals, who by promotion or negligence, take your dog to carry out offenses to physical integrity, or who circulate with these animals under the influence of alcohol or narcotic substances.
Are contraordenações punishable by a fine of 750 to 5000 €, in the case of a natural person, and from 1500 to 60 000 €, in the case of legal person some of the following situations:
- The lack of a licence;
- The lack of civil liability insurance;
- The accommodation of animals which are dangerous or potentially dangerous without compliance with the safety conditions foreseen in the law;
- The movement of these animals on the public highway without accompanied by a person over 16 years of age, or without the means of containment required by law.
After the exposure of the different settings easily, it is clear that any dog, regardless of breed, can come to be regarded as dangerous, and that a race dog that is potentially dangerous can be a animal is extremely tame, obedient, and friendly.
Before purchasing one of these dogs, there must be a great reflection on whether or not it was appropriate and if it is able to have. The owners have a decisive role in the formation and future of their dogs, and existing only this awareness is that if you can avoid the incidents related to dog attacks.
Petplan Alerts Pet Parents To Dangerous Temperatures this …
Breed Club testing for haemophilia in male German …
File:Shih Tzu (smaller).JPG
This Poor Dog Collapsed On The Street, Now Watch Her …
File:Fongaro’s Duma 60 gg microchip N° 958-120021927887 …
File:Dog side view.jpg
View of two dogs lying
A foreign body obstruction in your dog can potentially be …
Medical Detection Dogs
Dog food brand Purina accused of killing thousands of dogs …
The Dog Trainer : How to Prevent Aggression in Your New …
Monday’s medical myth: don’t worry, kids will grow out of …
Neglected Dog Rescued with Skin Conditions From Swyambhu …
4188 beste afbeeldingen van dierenmishandeling