Essential for all minor injuries of everyday life: Kit for dog rescue!
Adventurers not always very cautious, unlucky explorers or simply having a Boo-Boo of daily life in the living room: we dogs, we escape to the worries of every day! And as the vet is not always at hand, my Mistress has decided to take things in hand! I have now my own first aid kit, and believe me, it is reassuring!
Why Always Have a First Aid For Dog Kit
Dogs are tireless curious and some gamers… but the other side of the coin, these are minor injuries that can occur anytime, and especially when you don’t expect: an injury to the pad, food poisoning, an insect bite, and especially, the coolest rides enemy: a tick ! In short, we must sometimes react quickly!
I’ve often mentioned here, with dogs, it is better to react immediately, to avoid the problems get worse. A properly disinfected wound, it is 9 times out of 10 a bad memory within a few days!
The more you know your dog, and more you will know what should be the ideal first aid kit for him!
What there must be in the dog Kit
It is not necessary that the kit is very big, just make sure that the tools and content products are valid and in good condition.
- A pair of latex gloves for fear of infecting an open wound.
- A variety of tongs against several sizes
- Antiseptic solution
- Compresses and gas
- Bandage stay-up to hold the bandage or splint
- Cotton balls
- A single dose of saline
- A pair of scissors to cut the bandages and the hair around the wound round
- A splint
- Tweezers (for splinters and thorns)
- A healing ointment
- An ointment for the pads
- A survival blanket
- A muzzle: If your dog has very bad or very scared, it could bite you when you’re trying to treat him.
For Stomach Aches, Pains and Fever
- A thermometer
- A syringe without a needle, very convenient to swallow a drug or a few drops of water to a weakened or stubborn dog
- Of smecta
- Active coal, gas, flatulence, or food poisoning
- Syrup of Ipecac, an emetic useful for dogs who tend to eat things that are not for them
- An anti-stress or a soothing herbal, euphytose for example type.
If your dog follows a long-term chronic treatment, it may be useful to have an extra dose in the Kit.
The Important Papers
The health of your dog book as well as the coordinates of his veterinarian have quite their place in the Kit! The number of a clinic open 24/24 hours may be extra helpful and reassuring.
Good to know: you don’t have to complete the package of paracetamol, ibuprofen, or aspirin because only the vet will be able to decide whether it is worth giving.
Price of a Dog Kit
There are kits ready-made on the internet like the one presented here. Offer many sites specialize in the welfare of the dog. Make sure that they contain all the most important elements.
Prices are very variable, between € 10 and € 50 for an average price of € 20/25. The quality of the products can be uneven in the first price offers, and some essential items may be missing.
Did you enjoy this article? Keep reading and learn all about the various treatments in dogs (parasites, diseases canine, operation, grooming, etc.) right here !
A question? A note? Information to add? Feel free to comment on the article to go further… Me and my friends will be delighted to answer you