Is it really time again to think about Christmas? Soon, a fine, pre-Christmas fragrance is set in the air and the contemplative and hearty time begins – wonderful winter time with all the comfort, romantic residential ideas and colorful lights.
So that the contemplative time does not degenerate into stress, I begin early with the planning. There is always a lot to do before Christmas. I would like to give you today a few tips and suggestions for the Christmas preparations in the Adventszeit:
- Christmas gifts are best to buy now. If I have a suggestion for a gift idea during the year, I usually suggest it and put the gift up to the feast in a box. No ideas yet? Then best to create a list and start your own considerations. Perhaps also in the family circle, which heart wishes are still open.
- Also an Advent wreath is a nice decoration element in the Christmas time. Would you prefer to make a tinker yourself or use a bought wreath?
- Children and adults are always looking forward to an advent calendar. The most beautiful are, of course, self-made and filled with small niceties.
- What Christmas biscuits are on the backplan this year? If you opt for old-fashioned ones or try a completely new creation.
- Who visits the holidays? Speak with family and friends before. Plant a menu or talk about who brings what to the feast.
- Postcard sizes for Christmas are great and you get yourself very gladly. Already there are nice Christmas cards to buy in the shops.
- It’s time to bring the Christmas decoration out of the cellar! Here you have to decide whether you want to decorate everything as last year or whether it is time for new decoration. In this year’s Christmas season, geometric shapes and copper elements set new and modern accents in the decoration.
The fine and pre-Christmas fragrance can also be conjured into the house with a delicious gingerbread.
Gingerbread Recipe – Ingredients
The gingerbread recipe is for a small jumping form (diameter 18 cm). With normal size simply double the recipe.
- 175 g flour
- 150 g of sugar
- 50 g chopped candied fruit
- 50 g of ground hazelnuts
- 1.5 tsp of gingerbread spice
- 0.5 teaspoon of carnation powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract – substitute 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 1/2 pck baking powder
- 125 ml of milk
- 75 g of liquid butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 eggs
For the coating:
- Chocolate glaze / dark chocolate
For the marzipan star:
- 100 g of marzipan
- 50 g powdered sugar
Gingerbread recipe preparation
- Flour, sugar, candied fruit, ground hazelnuts, gingerbread spices, carnation powder and baking powder. Blend the milk with the liquid butter, honey, vanilla extract and eggs and add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir vigorously.
- The mold is well-butted. Make sure that the mold is tight, because the dough is quite liquid.
- Pour the dough into the mold and bake at 180 degrees for about 25 minutes (chopsticks).
- Bake at a temperature of 200 ° C for about 25 minutes.
- After baking, cover with chocolate.
- For the stars knead the marzipan with the powdered sugar and roll out the mass flat. Stars and decorate the cake with it.
I wish you a very wonderful prehistoric time and not too much stress in the planning
Now win a great surprise package with our current my home Christmas collection. Just answer up to 23 October 2015 at the bottom of the commentary, decorating your apartment this Christmas.The lot will decide between all comments with a valid e-mail address. The winner will be notified by e-mail. The legal process is excluded. You can read the terms and conditions here.
Time to sparkle! All Christmas accessories, which Yvonne has used, can be found here in our shop.All items shown are available from 23 October. Please note that our products are only available in limited time.