Frequent and annoying, eczema is also attacking dogs. Why and what to do?
When it itchy skin, eczema can make daily life unbearable! Yet, it is not a disease, it’s a symptom. This means that treat eczema, is well, find the cause and protect the dog, it’s better! And how to find? I’ll introduce the most frequent causes, to you after to play detectives!
Causes of Eczema in Dogs
The causes are multiple and the appearance of eczema of different types. Your eyes can help the vet to understand the origin of the problem!
- Food has a lot of influence. Too much carbohydrate-rich food is a very important risk factor. It is found in many cases of eczema.
However, a deficiency of certain nutrients, such as vitamins or amino acids can also be questioned.
- Allergies or poisoning: dust, pollen, mites, detergents or shampoos for dog.
- A lack or an excess of hygiene.
- Do not forget a genetic factor for a number of dogs. According to observations, the Bulldogs (English or French), Boxers, Beaucerons, Shar-Peï, Yorkshire and Golden Retrievers are some of the most commonly affected breeds.
- A massive attack of parasites (fleas, mange, ticks)
Characteristics of the Different Types of Eczema
There are several major types of eczema that are not in the same way and do not necessarily have the same causes.
It often affects older dogs chronically. It is often difficult to diagnose the cause, it is likely that the veterinarian prescribes you scraped skin analysis.
The treatment is sometimes life and alternates between quiet periods and periods of thrust, favored by the rising temperatures in the summer. We notice that obese and sedentary dogs are more sensitive.
Acute Oozing Eczema
Mainly associated with food or parasitic causes, it can affect dogs of all ages. He usually tackles a localized skin area and when analyzing the wound, there’s a plate circular and oozing, very painful and flaky.
It affects about 10% of dogs, often when they are young: between 6 months and 3 years. We can find sores on the face including also the eyelids and the edge of the eyes, the ears, the front of the trunk and the folds of skin on squats.
Symptoms of Eczema
Affection caused by eczema manifests as itchy causing:
- redness and loss of hair on the affected area
- a thickening of the skin
- swelling, blisters which can be accompanied by seepage
- crusts and some desquamation
An untreated area can fester and spread to other parts of the body. Because of the itching, the dog cannot refrain from biting the area, which can make the problem worse.
Treatment of wounds and the causes of the condition often go hand in hand to quickly relieve the dog.
It consists generally of:
- cream emollient to soften the skin
- cortisone cream
- antiseptic products
- You can add natural products. For example, 2 drops of essential oil of thyme and lavender mixed with neutral SOAP diluted in water to clean wounds.
Treatment of the Causes
It is often necessary to change the basis of the power of the dog and use of some products. Avoiding the causes once you know them is the safest way to protect your dog.
Your dog has another symptom? Mouss may have found you what it is! You can find all her articles by clicking here.
A question? A note? Information to add? Feel free to comment on the article to go further… Me and my friends will be delighted to answer you
Hot Spots on Dogs: Canine Acute Moist Dermatitis
Can Dogs Eat Jackfruit? The Happy Puppy Site
Natural Home Remedies For Hot Spots
Bulldog Dog Breed Puppies
Shih Tzu Information Center
What is Puppy Mange and How Is it Treated?
Skin Cancer Foot
Early Warning Signs for Dogs
File:House dust mites (5247996458).jpg
Why wolves can’t be tamed
Abdominal evisceration. Jill scott insomnia
When mango worms get under your skin
Edema – Page 14
Holistic Pet Products Hokamix Skin & Shine
Minksheen Natural Pet Shampoo
just noticed a lumpy itchy patch in elbow crease?
5 x Bite and Sting, Itch Relief Ointment – Hydrocortisone …
Breo Ellipta (Fluticasone furoate/vilanterol) 200/25mcg 30 …
Yorkshire Terrier Skin Problems: Brushing, Improper …
This is how having a dog cuts risk of childhood eczema …