The answers to all your questions about diabetes in dogs!
Be man’s closest friend, but also suffer the same diseases! Diabetes in dogs is a common disease. Well Yes, even if your dog does not have the right candy, it can develop diabetes. As always, a knowledgeable master worth two, so let’s find out diabetes in dogs!
Symptoms of Diabetes in Dogs
A rate of excessive glucose becomes impossible to treat for the kidneys. The glucose then enters the blood. It is here that we start talking about diabetes.
In the dog, several symptoms may, as a first step, draw your attention:
- Need to urinate very often
- Dehydrated, the dog is thirsty at all times.
- A growing appetite
- Yet he lost weight
- Excessive fatigue. The dog is shot and he has no energy for its usual activities.
These symptoms are the first visible signs of the onset of diabetes.
How to Get Diabetes in Dogs?
In the case of diabetes, no scientific study has failed to show that there is a predisposition in some breeds. However, statistically, it was noted that small breeds were most often affected.
On the other hand, we know with certainty that the overweight and lack of exercise are risk factors. Dogs need, like us, to regulate their metabolism by practicing a regular sporting activity. Otherwise, hormonal disturbances can occur.
Past 6 or 7 years, the risk of canine diabetes is more important. There are, however, a rare form of early diabetes in young dogs.
The Risks For a Dog with Diabetes
Diabetes develops in several steps.
- Pre-diabetic phase: the dog is still suffering no symptoms. Only regular monitoring of blood tests allows at this time to detect levels of glucose in the blood above the normal level. A healthy blood sugar level exceeds 1, 1 g/L of blood. It’s the perfect time to change the system and block the advance of the disease.
- Diabetic phase: A dog thirsty, hungry, weakened, the symptoms themselves. There is glucose in urinalysis and blood sugar rate is greater than 3g / l. cataract (a whitish veil covering the lens) may also form at that time. Repeated urinary infections are possible.
- Metabolic acidosis: this phase of extreme gravity intervenes if the dog is not treated or if treatment is not suitable. Severe weight loss and vomiting, the liver and kidneys are severely damaged. The prognosis is engaged.
Treatment of Diabetes
It is supported early, easier to control. There is no cure for diabetes, but we can remove symptoms and block the development. Lifelong treatment and regular medical follow-up is essential.
For canine diabetes, insulin is the only effective drug.
If the dog responds well to treatment, the maximum period of activity of the drug is determined to give the meal. In general, a couple hours after the injection.
If the dog is insulin-resistant, we need to rethink all its power : small amounts several times in the day and rations without fast, low in fats and sugars protein counted nearly calorie-rich! To the plan!
Price of the Treatment of Diabetes in Dogs
Insulin treatment is a long-term cost to add to your monthly budget. Between doses, syringes, visits to the vet and exams, we speak of 100 to 150 per me about. In these conditions, it may be interesting to have insurance for your dog.
However, we found on the internet of insulin cheaper than in clinic and it is interesting to buy needles in bundles of 100.
You would like to learn more about diseases that affect dogs? Then continue your tour with us!
A question? A note? Information to add? Feel free to comment on the article to go further… Me and my friends will be delighted to answer you
10 Signs Your Dog Is Happy
10 Fascinating Facts to Know and Love About Pugs
Two Life-Saving Rules to Follow If You Give Your Dog Bones
Royal Canin Healthy Weight Competition
Is It Nuclear Sclerosis or Cataracts?
German Spitz Dog Breeds | Info | Characteristics
Genetic variant may help explain why Labradors are prone …
DIABETIC ALERT SERVICE DOGS & DIABETES
Grey Wolf Facts, History, Useful Information and Amazing …
What Is The Best Dry Dog Food?
Crocodile Eyes: Uniquely Suited for Lurking and Ambush Hunting
Military Diet Plan. Need to make some adjustments to make …
What Is Cat Eye Syndrome
Can-C Plus Capsules™
hungry point auriculotherapy