- Santorini – the white pearl of the Cyclades
In 2015, Santorini took first place in the Travelers’ Choice Awards for Europe’s most popular islands. The southernmost island of the Greek Cyclades is characterized by its unique architecture. Snow-white houses with blue roofs characterize the image of Santorini. The extraordinary beaches invite you to enjoy a leisurely bathing holiday under the hot sun. The Red Beach with the high rock wall in a strong red color is a real eye-catcher.
- Madeira – a natural paradise in the Atlantic
The Atlantic island of Madeira, which is under Portuguese administration, is a real paradise for hikers with its medium and high mountain character. The species-rich flora and fauna ensure a colorful pleasure in a mild climate zone.
- Crete – a varied and exciting affair
A high degree of variety is on the program on the largest island in Greece. Interesting cities with a multitude of historical sights, archaeological sites with an insight into the history of the island, miles of dream beaches and a diverse landscape prove time and again that Crete is rightly one of the 10 most popular islands in Europe.
- Zakynthos – the home of the sea turtle
The southernmost of the large Ionian Islands has established itself over the years as the most important nesting site for sea turtles. Zakynthos is a diving paradise and takes your vacation to a colorful underwater world full of creatures that you cannot see in this country.
- Fuerteventura – the most beautiful beaches in Europe
The kilometer-long beaches of powdered sugar white sand in combination with the turquoise sea shape the image of the Canary Island Fuerteventura. The tourist stronghold of Corralejo and the Jandía peninsula are among the most popular beach holiday destinations in Europe. With the year-round mild temperatures and the sand dunes in the background, these beaches offer optimal conditions for a relaxing stay.
- Jersey – despite its north-westerly location, one of the 10 most popular islands in Europe
Vacationers appreciate the mild climate on the island of Jersey, which is located in the English Channel between Great Britain and France, and enjoy the sight of the fascinating megalithic complexes. Dolmens and menhirs arouse tourists’ interest in the island’s history and are ideal as photo opportunities to remember a wonderful holiday.
- Mallorca – the 17th German state
The party locations on the Playa de Palma have ensured a constant popularity of Mallorca with German tourists for years. However, the island has much more to offer than a vibrant nightlife. With its beautiful bathing bays, the imposing sights in the island’s capital Palma de Mallorca and the breathtaking landscape in the Tramuntana Mountains, Mallorca has long earned its place among the 10 most popular islands in Europe.
- Capri – Welcome to the Blue Grotto
The rocky island of Capri is a popular travel destination in Italy. The biggest tourist attraction of the island are the caves, which are located by the sea and can be visited by boat. The most famous cave is known to holidaymakers as the Blue Grotto. A number of archaeological sites are also one of the island’s highlights.
- Tenerife – hiking, swimming and sightseeing in the Canary Islands
The largest Canary Island Tenerife is a varied place. A hike to Pico del Teide, the sacred mountain of the Guanches, is a challenge for nature lovers. Beach holidaymakers make themselves comfortable on the beautiful sandy beaches with the palm trees in the background, while people with a great interest in cultural events enjoy the sights of the island’s capital Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
- Corsica – the most mountainous island in the Mediterranean
The French regional authority with special status is very popular with hikers and climbing enthusiasts because of the optimal conditions. The Bavella Pass and the Restonica Valley are the most popular climbing centers on the island, which has three ski areas and thus also attracts winter sports enthusiasts.
- Harkan, Hungary November 28, 2022 - Human nature is designed in such a way that an unpleasant pungent smell scares us off, but the situation is completely different when it comes to thermal sulfur sources. This… Read more
- Cesis, Latvia November 21, 2022 - The small pretty town of Cesis is considered the oldest in Latvia - it is over 800 years old. It is located in a picturesque area on the territory of… Read more
- Landmarks of Seoul, South Korea November 14, 2022 - No less than 25 city districts together form the South Korean capital of Seoul. In Dutch, the name is also written as Seoul, but if you listen to the correct… Read more
- Sights of Tours, France November 7, 2022 - Tours is a city in the French Loire region and has had quite a reputation since the 3rd century. The capital of Touraine is a mecca for lovers of art,… Read more
- Best time to visit Duesseldorf, Germany September 27, 2022 - Do you want to know when is the best time to travel to Dusseldorf? You can determine the best time to travel to a destination based on the weather and… Read more
- Kusadasi, Bodrum and Ephesus, Turkey August 15, 2022 - Western Turkey is adorned with the resort town of Kusadasi, the symbol of which is Pigeon Island. In addition to the Byzantine fortress, nothing here will remind you of the… Read more
- Helpful Hints for Tourism in Oman August 8, 2022 - A lot of things in the country are subject to customs and traditional Islamic norms, so certain rules of conduct should be observed. In public places, women should avoid overly… Read more
- Nova Scotia, Canada August 1, 2022 - The province of Nova Scotia is located in the southeastern part of Canada and occupies the peninsula of the same name, which is connected to the mainland by the narrow… Read more
- Portugal Travel Advice July 25, 2022 - There are no private beaches in Portugal. The cool waters of the Atlantic are rougher and colder than those on the Mediterranean coast of neighboring Spain, but still quite acceptable… Read more
- What to See in Nizwa and Salalah (Oman) July 18, 2022 - Nizwa (Oman) According to PLUS-SIZE-TIPS, Nizwa is the administrative center of the El-Dahiliya region. The city is located on the El Jaif plateau, 175 km southwest of Muscat. In the… Read more