- Santorini – the white pearl of the Cyclades
In 2015, Santorini took first place in the Travelers’ Choice Awards for Europe’s most popular islands. The southernmost island of the Greek Cyclades is characterized by its unique architecture. Snow-white houses with blue roofs characterize the image of Santorini. The extraordinary beaches invite you to enjoy a leisurely bathing holiday under the hot sun. The Red Beach with the high rock wall in a strong red color is a real eye-catcher.
- Madeira – a natural paradise in the Atlantic
The Atlantic island of Madeira, which is under Portuguese administration, is a real paradise for hikers with its medium and high mountain character. The species-rich flora and fauna ensure a colorful pleasure in a mild climate zone.
- Crete – a varied and exciting affair
A high degree of variety is on the program on the largest island in Greece. Interesting cities with a multitude of historical sights, archaeological sites with an insight into the history of the island, miles of dream beaches and a diverse landscape prove time and again that Crete is rightly one of the 10 most popular islands in Europe.
- Zakynthos – the home of the sea turtle
The southernmost of the large Ionian Islands has established itself over the years as the most important nesting site for sea turtles. Zakynthos is a diving paradise and takes your vacation to a colorful underwater world full of creatures that you cannot see in this country.
- Fuerteventura – the most beautiful beaches in Europe
The kilometer-long beaches of powdered sugar white sand in combination with the turquoise sea shape the image of the Canary Island Fuerteventura. The tourist stronghold of Corralejo and the Jandía peninsula are among the most popular beach holiday destinations in Europe. With the year-round mild temperatures and the sand dunes in the background, these beaches offer optimal conditions for a relaxing stay.
- Jersey – despite its north-westerly location, one of the 10 most popular islands in Europe
Vacationers appreciate the mild climate on the island of Jersey, which is located in the English Channel between Great Britain and France, and enjoy the sight of the fascinating megalithic complexes. Dolmens and menhirs arouse tourists’ interest in the island’s history and are ideal as photo opportunities to remember a wonderful holiday.
- Mallorca – the 17th German state
The party locations on the Playa de Palma have ensured a constant popularity of Mallorca with German tourists for years. However, the island has much more to offer than a vibrant nightlife. With its beautiful bathing bays, the imposing sights in the island’s capital Palma de Mallorca and the breathtaking landscape in the Tramuntana Mountains, Mallorca has long earned its place among the 10 most popular islands in Europe.
- Capri – Welcome to the Blue Grotto
The rocky island of Capri is a popular travel destination in Italy. The biggest tourist attraction of the island are the caves, which are located by the sea and can be visited by boat. The most famous cave is known to holidaymakers as the Blue Grotto. A number of archaeological sites are also one of the island’s highlights.
- Tenerife – hiking, swimming and sightseeing in the Canary Islands
The largest Canary Island Tenerife is a varied place. A hike to Pico del Teide, the sacred mountain of the Guanches, is a challenge for nature lovers. Beach holidaymakers make themselves comfortable on the beautiful sandy beaches with the palm trees in the background, while people with a great interest in cultural events enjoy the sights of the island’s capital Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
- Corsica – the most mountainous island in the Mediterranean
The French regional authority with special status is very popular with hikers and climbing enthusiasts because of the optimal conditions. The Bavella Pass and the Restonica Valley are the most popular climbing centers on the island, which has three ski areas and thus also attracts winter sports enthusiasts.
Largest Cities in the World by Country
- Accommodation in Japan
- Armenia Travel Guide
- Bosnia and Herzegovina Travel Guide
- Brief Information about Lithuania
- Chile Travel Guide
- Ethiopia Tour Plan
- Finland Economy
- Galapagos of Africa Sao Tome and Principe
- Greece Tour Plan
- Hungary Culture
- India Travel Guide
- Kyrgyzstan Travel Guide
- Lithuania History and Politics
- Lithuania Nature and Culture
- Mongolia Travel Guide
- New Zealand Travel Guide
- Peru in The Footsteps of The Incas
- Portugal Travel Guide
- Practical Information about Singapore
- Qatar History and Culture
- Russia Travel Guide
- South Africa Travel Guide
- Thailand Travel Guide
- The 10 Most Beautiful Places in Asia
- Typical Latvia
- Uruguay History and Culture
- Uzbekistan Travel Guide
- Western Sahara History
- When Is The Best Time to Travel to China
- When Is The Best Time to Travel to Vietnam
- Napanoch, New York May 28, 2023 - Napanoch, New York is a small town located in the southern part of Ulster County, New York. The town is located in the Hudson Valley region and is situated on… Read more
- Urbandale, Iowa May 21, 2023 - Urbandale, Iowa is a city located in the county of Polk. It is bordered by the Des Moines River to the east and the Raccoon River to the west. The… Read more
- Thousand Oaks, California May 14, 2023 - Thousand Oaks, California is located in the Conejo Valley, about 40 miles northwest of Los Angeles. It is surrounded by the Santa Monica Mountains to the south and west, the… Read more
- Essex, Vermont May 7, 2023 - According to Jibin123, Essex, Vermont is located in the northern part of the state and is a part of Chittenden County. The town covers an area of 33.3 square miles… Read more
- Baxter, Tennessee April 30, 2023 - According to iamaccepted, Baxter, Tennessee is situated in the northeast corner of the state, in Putnam County. It occupies a total area of 4.5 square miles and is located about… Read more
- Bradford, Vermont April 23, 2023 - According to existingcountries, Bradford, Vermont is located in the northeastern part of the state in Orange County. It is situated on the Connecticut River, which serves as a natural border… Read more
- Alpine, Texas April 16, 2023 - According to ehuacom, Alpine, Texas is located in Brewster County and is situated in the Chihuahuan Desert of West Texas. The town has a population of around 6,000 people and… Read more
- Brigham City, Utah April 9, 2023 - According to anycountyprivateschools, Brigham City, Utah is a small city located in the northern part of the state, just east of Ogden and north of Salt Lake City. The city… Read more
- Alice, Texas April 2, 2023 - According to andyeducation, Alice, Texas is located in Jim Wells County in the southern part of the state and is part of the Corpus Christi-Kingsville-Alice Metropolitan Statistical Area. The city… Read more
- Ashland City, Tennessee March 26, 2023 - According to act-test-centers, Ashland City, Tennessee is a small town located in the north-central portion of Cheatham County. The town is situated along the banks of the Cumberland River, and… Read more