- Santorini – the white pearl of the Cyclades
In 2015, Santorini took first place in the Travelers’ Choice Awards for Europe’s most popular islands. The southernmost island of the Greek Cyclades is characterized by its unique architecture. Snow-white houses with blue roofs characterize the image of Santorini. The extraordinary beaches invite you to enjoy a leisurely bathing holiday under the hot sun. The Red Beach with the high rock wall in a strong red color is a real eye-catcher.
- Madeira – a natural paradise in the Atlantic
The Atlantic island of Madeira, which is under Portuguese administration, is a real paradise for hikers with its medium and high mountain character. The species-rich flora and fauna ensure a colorful pleasure in a mild climate zone.
- Crete – a varied and exciting affair
A high degree of variety is on the program on the largest island in Greece. Interesting cities with a multitude of historical sights, archaeological sites with an insight into the history of the island, miles of dream beaches and a diverse landscape prove time and again that Crete is rightly one of the 10 most popular islands in Europe.
- Zakynthos – the home of the sea turtle
The southernmost of the large Ionian Islands has established itself over the years as the most important nesting site for sea turtles. Zakynthos is a diving paradise and takes your vacation to a colorful underwater world full of creatures that you cannot see in this country.
- Fuerteventura – the most beautiful beaches in Europe
The kilometer-long beaches of powdered sugar white sand in combination with the turquoise sea shape the image of the Canary Island Fuerteventura. The tourist stronghold of Corralejo and the Jandía peninsula are among the most popular beach holiday destinations in Europe. With the year-round mild temperatures and the sand dunes in the background, these beaches offer optimal conditions for a relaxing stay.
- Jersey – despite its north-westerly location, one of the 10 most popular islands in Europe
Vacationers appreciate the mild climate on the island of Jersey, which is located in the English Channel between Great Britain and France, and enjoy the sight of the fascinating megalithic complexes. Dolmens and menhirs arouse tourists’ interest in the island’s history and are ideal as photo opportunities to remember a wonderful holiday.
- Mallorca – the 17th German state
The party locations on the Playa de Palma have ensured a constant popularity of Mallorca with German tourists for years. However, the island has much more to offer than a vibrant nightlife. With its beautiful bathing bays, the imposing sights in the island’s capital Palma de Mallorca and the breathtaking landscape in the Tramuntana Mountains, Mallorca has long earned its place among the 10 most popular islands in Europe.
- Capri – Welcome to the Blue Grotto
The rocky island of Capri is a popular travel destination in Italy. The biggest tourist attraction of the island are the caves, which are located by the sea and can be visited by boat. The most famous cave is known to holidaymakers as the Blue Grotto. A number of archaeological sites are also one of the island’s highlights.
- Tenerife – hiking, swimming and sightseeing in the Canary Islands
The largest Canary Island Tenerife is a varied place. A hike to Pico del Teide, the sacred mountain of the Guanches, is a challenge for nature lovers. Beach holidaymakers make themselves comfortable on the beautiful sandy beaches with the palm trees in the background, while people with a great interest in cultural events enjoy the sights of the island’s capital Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
- Corsica – the most mountainous island in the Mediterranean
The French regional authority with special status is very popular with hikers and climbing enthusiasts because of the optimal conditions. The Bavella Pass and the Restonica Valley are the most popular climbing centers on the island, which has three ski areas and thus also attracts winter sports enthusiasts.
- Germany Defense and Security January 18, 2022 - The year of reunification and those immediately following were also decisive as regards the defensive sector of Germany: if on the one hand the annexation of the GDR led to… Read more
- Spain in the 1980’s Part 2 January 11, 2022 - The fight waged by ETA against the '' Spanish occupation forces '' did not end with the advent of democracy. In October 1977 the last terrorist was released from prison… Read more
- Spain in the 1980’s January 4, 2022 - The change of political leadership, but not of the institutional and social system, characterized the history of the Spain in the Eighties. The process of homologation to the political, economic,… Read more
- Punta Arenas, Chile December 28, 2021 - Punta Arenas, Chile: The most beautiful city in Patagonia The Chilean city of Punta Arenas is the seat of government of the Magallanes province. The place is on the Strait… Read more
- Attractions in Bergen, Norway December 21, 2021 - The cultural center of Norway is Bergen, which is one of the most beautiful cities in all of Scandinavia. Visitors have the best panoramic view of the urban center of… Read more
- Tunisia Landmarks December 14, 2021 - Carthage ruins A study trip to Carthage lets travelers experience history first hand. World history was once written in the ancient city of Carthage, in the north of Tunisia, not… Read more
- Peneda-Geres National Park in Portugal December 7, 2021 - Peneda-Geres the only national park in Portugal The Peneda-Gerês National Park in Portugal is located in Norte, the northernmost region of Portugal, right on the Spanish border. From Porto, the… Read more
- Lithuania Landmarks November 30, 2021 - Vilnius Cathedral A monument of old times Cathedral, Lithuania is a neoclassical archiepiscopal cathedral located on Cathedral Square of Vilnius Old Town with many different sights. The 18th century cathedral… Read more
- Ecuador Geography November 23, 2021 - Officially known as the Republic of Ecuador, Ecuador is a country located in the northwest of South America. It limits to the north with Colombia, to the south and east with Peru and to the… Read more
- Sucre, Bolivia November 16, 2021 - Selection criteria Criterion (iv): The wealth of the heritage of the Historic Center of the Spanish city of Sucre (La Plata) is an intact and well-preserved illustration of the excellent… Read more