- Santorini – the white pearl of the Cyclades
In 2015, Santorini took first place in the Travelers’ Choice Awards for Europe’s most popular islands. The southernmost island of the Greek Cyclades is characterized by its unique architecture. Snow-white houses with blue roofs characterize the image of Santorini. The extraordinary beaches invite you to enjoy a leisurely bathing holiday under the hot sun. The Red Beach with the high rock wall in a strong red color is a real eye-catcher.
- Madeira – a natural paradise in the Atlantic
The Atlantic island of Madeira, which is under Portuguese administration, is a real paradise for hikers with its medium and high mountain character. The species-rich flora and fauna ensure a colorful pleasure in a mild climate zone.
- Crete – a varied and exciting affair
A high degree of variety is on the program on the largest island in Greece. Interesting cities with a multitude of historical sights, archaeological sites with an insight into the history of the island, miles of dream beaches and a diverse landscape prove time and again that Crete is rightly one of the 10 most popular islands in Europe.
- Zakynthos – the home of the sea turtle
The southernmost of the large Ionian Islands has established itself over the years as the most important nesting site for sea turtles. Zakynthos is a diving paradise and takes your vacation to a colorful underwater world full of creatures that you cannot see in this country.
- Fuerteventura – the most beautiful beaches in Europe
The kilometer-long beaches of powdered sugar white sand in combination with the turquoise sea shape the image of the Canary Island Fuerteventura. The tourist stronghold of Corralejo and the Jandía peninsula are among the most popular beach holiday destinations in Europe. With the year-round mild temperatures and the sand dunes in the background, these beaches offer optimal conditions for a relaxing stay.
- Jersey – despite its north-westerly location, one of the 10 most popular islands in Europe
Vacationers appreciate the mild climate on the island of Jersey, which is located in the English Channel between Great Britain and France, and enjoy the sight of the fascinating megalithic complexes. Dolmens and menhirs arouse tourists’ interest in the island’s history and are ideal as photo opportunities to remember a wonderful holiday.
- Mallorca – the 17th German state
The party locations on the Playa de Palma have ensured a constant popularity of Mallorca with German tourists for years. However, the island has much more to offer than a vibrant nightlife. With its beautiful bathing bays, the imposing sights in the island’s capital Palma de Mallorca and the breathtaking landscape in the Tramuntana Mountains, Mallorca has long earned its place among the 10 most popular islands in Europe.
- Capri – Welcome to the Blue Grotto
The rocky island of Capri is a popular travel destination in Italy. The biggest tourist attraction of the island are the caves, which are located by the sea and can be visited by boat. The most famous cave is known to holidaymakers as the Blue Grotto. A number of archaeological sites are also one of the island’s highlights.
- Tenerife – hiking, swimming and sightseeing in the Canary Islands
The largest Canary Island Tenerife is a varied place. A hike to Pico del Teide, the sacred mountain of the Guanches, is a challenge for nature lovers. Beach holidaymakers make themselves comfortable on the beautiful sandy beaches with the palm trees in the background, while people with a great interest in cultural events enjoy the sights of the island’s capital Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
- Corsica – the most mountainous island in the Mediterranean
The French regional authority with special status is very popular with hikers and climbing enthusiasts because of the optimal conditions. The Bavella Pass and the Restonica Valley are the most popular climbing centers on the island, which has three ski areas and thus also attracts winter sports enthusiasts.
- Kolomna, Russia June 27, 2022 - According to JUSTINSHOES, Kolomna is located 114 km south of Moscow at the confluence of the Moskva River with the Oka River. For the first time the city is mentioned… Read more
- Death Valley, California June 20, 2022 - Death Valley (California, USA) - exact location, interesting places, inhabitants, routes. Death Valley - a huge desert in the southwestern United States, located on the border of the states of… Read more
- Ocean City, Maryland June 13, 2022 - Guide to Ocean City: how to get there and where to stay, what to see and where to sunbathe. The best things to do in Ocean City: fresh reviews and… Read more
- Cuisine of Tanzania June 6, 2022 - According to INSIDEWATCH, the national cuisine of Tanzania is quite traditional for the territory of East Africa. For the most part, it is a mixture of African folk traditions based… Read more
- Saudi Arabia Literature May 30, 2022 - In the last two decades, the literary production of the Saudi Arabia has overcome a penalizing geographical and cultural isolation, and Saudi authors have become much more visible even in… Read more
- Lebanon Economy May 23, 2022 - Republic (10,400 km 2 with 2,126,325 residents in 1970) unitary presidential type. Due to its geographical position, and the influx of numerous Palestinian refugees - who have come to close… Read more
- Bulgaria Attractions May 10, 2022 - Sea baths Because of their excellent climate, Druzhba (the oldest sea resort) and Varna are very popular as sea resorts. Albena, Bulgaria's newest seaside resort, is named after a village… Read more
- Geography of Switzerland April 26, 2022 - General information about Switzerland The official name is the Swiss Confederation (Schweizerische Eidgenossenschaft, Confederation Suisse, Confederazione Svizzera, Swiss Confederation). Located in Central Europe. The area is 41.29 thousand km2, the… Read more
- Geography of Panama April 19, 2022 - General information about Panama The official name is the Republic of Panama (Republica de Panama), a state in Central America. It is located on the Isthmus of Panama, which links… Read more
- Underground St. Paul’s River Park, Philippines April 12, 2022 - Underground River National Park is located on the west coast of Palawan, 81 kilometers from the center of Puerto Princesa. In 1999, it received the status of a UNESCO World… Read more