Coffee and cakes are just for Easter. We bake every year our carrot cake or even called: Rüblitorte . It is a real classic for Easter and easy to bake. In the meantime, there are countless varieties of the Rüblitorten – whether with or without alcohol, as tin cake, muffins or even gluten-free I already baked the cake. Today, a naked cake (layered cake) was created from the Rüblitorte, filled with a delicious mascarpone cream.
The most important ingredient in Rüblitorte are, of course, the carrots and the favorite of the Easter bunny. But of course, the delicious marzipan can not be missed on any Easter cake!
Rüblitorte: Recipe for an 18 cm show form (height ca. 8 cm)
Ingredients for dough:
- 250 g carrots
- 4 eggs
- 120 g of sugar
- 400 g flour
- 1 pck of baking powder
- 125 ml sunflower oil
- 2 protein
- 20 g chopped pistachios
- 10 marzipan carrots
For the cream:
- 240 ml of cream
- 120 g of mascarpone
- 2 tbsp of sugar
Rüblitorte – how it works:
- Peel and grate the carrots. Stir the eggs and the sugar with the hand mixer and stir until very foamy. Mix the flour with the baking powder and cover the egg-sugar mass. Mix with the oil to a smooth dough and remove the carrot rasps.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees (top / bottom heat).
- Whip the egg whites stiff and lift them under the dough. Grease a jumping mold (18 cm) and dust with flour. Fill the dough and smooth. On the 2nd rail from the bottom in the oven bake about 60 minutes. Do the cooking!
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes. Remove from the mold and allow to cool on a cake rack.
- For the cream, beat the cream stiffly and allow the sugar to soak in slowly. Stir the mascarpone under the cream and let cool for about 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Divide the chilled cake into 3 pieces. Place the bottom layer on a cake plate and spread with a third of the cream. Place the next floor and also cover with cream. Lay the top of the top and spread the remaining cream on top. Finally, garnish with marzipan and pistachios.
- The best way to do this is to make sure that you have a large knife – this is definitely easier. The cake should be completely chilled and can be best split if it was baked the day before. For the layers to be evenly thick we have measured the cake before and stuck with toothpicks. First cut approximately 1 cm deep with the knife, keep the knife horizontal and cut through the ground further towards the center. To prevent the cake layer from breaking through, it is best to lift it off with a cake slice.
Not only the Rüblitorte is a traditional Easter pastry. Among the classics are also the yeast plait and the Easter lamb. Which traditional pastry is coming to your table at Easter? Please tell us by 26 February 2016 at the bottom of the commentary. With luck, you can win a surprise package with our current Easter decoration. The lot will decide between all the coments with a valid e-mail address. You can find the exact terms of participation here.