- Santorini – the white pearl of the Cyclades
In 2015, Santorini took first place in the Travelers’ Choice Awards for Europe’s most popular islands. The southernmost island of the Greek Cyclades is characterized by its unique architecture. Snow-white houses with blue roofs characterize the image of Santorini. The extraordinary beaches invite you to enjoy a leisurely bathing holiday under the hot sun. The Red Beach with the high rock wall in a strong red color is a real eye-catcher.
- Madeira – a natural paradise in the Atlantic
The Atlantic island of Madeira, which is under Portuguese administration, is a real paradise for hikers with its medium and high mountain character. The species-rich flora and fauna ensure a colorful pleasure in a mild climate zone.
- Crete – a varied and exciting affair
A high degree of variety is on the program on the largest island in Greece. Interesting cities with a multitude of historical sights, archaeological sites with an insight into the history of the island, miles of dream beaches and a diverse landscape prove time and again that Crete is rightly one of the 10 most popular islands in Europe.
- Zakynthos – the home of the sea turtle
The southernmost of the large Ionian Islands has established itself over the years as the most important nesting site for sea turtles. Zakynthos is a diving paradise and takes your vacation to a colorful underwater world full of creatures that you cannot see in this country.
- Fuerteventura – the most beautiful beaches in Europe
The kilometer-long beaches of powdered sugar white sand in combination with the turquoise sea shape the image of the Canary Island Fuerteventura. The tourist stronghold of Corralejo and the Jandía peninsula are among the most popular beach holiday destinations in Europe. With the year-round mild temperatures and the sand dunes in the background, these beaches offer optimal conditions for a relaxing stay.
- Jersey – despite its north-westerly location, one of the 10 most popular islands in Europe
Vacationers appreciate the mild climate on the island of Jersey, which is located in the English Channel between Great Britain and France, and enjoy the sight of the fascinating megalithic complexes. Dolmens and menhirs arouse tourists’ interest in the island’s history and are ideal as photo opportunities to remember a wonderful holiday.
- Mallorca – the 17th German state
The party locations on the Playa de Palma have ensured a constant popularity of Mallorca with German tourists for years. However, the island has much more to offer than a vibrant nightlife. With its beautiful bathing bays, the imposing sights in the island’s capital Palma de Mallorca and the breathtaking landscape in the Tramuntana Mountains, Mallorca has long earned its place among the 10 most popular islands in Europe.
- Capri – Welcome to the Blue Grotto
The rocky island of Capri is a popular travel destination in Italy. The biggest tourist attraction of the island are the caves, which are located by the sea and can be visited by boat. The most famous cave is known to holidaymakers as the Blue Grotto. A number of archaeological sites are also one of the island’s highlights.
- Tenerife – hiking, swimming and sightseeing in the Canary Islands
The largest Canary Island Tenerife is a varied place. A hike to Pico del Teide, the sacred mountain of the Guanches, is a challenge for nature lovers. Beach holidaymakers make themselves comfortable on the beautiful sandy beaches with the palm trees in the background, while people with a great interest in cultural events enjoy the sights of the island’s capital Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
- Corsica – the most mountainous island in the Mediterranean
The French regional authority with special status is very popular with hikers and climbing enthusiasts because of the optimal conditions. The Bavella Pass and the Restonica Valley are the most popular climbing centers on the island, which has three ski areas and thus also attracts winter sports enthusiasts.
- Ecuador Geography November 23, 2021 - Officially known as the Republic of Ecuador, Ecuador is a country located in the northwest of South America. It limits to the north with Colombia, to the south and east with Peru and to the… Read more
- Sucre, Bolivia November 16, 2021 - Selection criteria Criterion (iv): The wealth of the heritage of the Historic Center of the Spanish city of Sucre (La Plata) is an intact and well-preserved illustration of the excellent… Read more
- Arrivals in El Salvador November 9, 2021 - Airplane: According to Allcitycodes, the national airline of El Salvador is called TACA. It connects El Salvador with neighboring countries in Central America and also flies to the USA. Flights… Read more
- Russia Politics and Law November 2, 2021 - Parties The party system was widely fanned out until 2001; After the new law on political parties was passed, the number of registered parties fell sharply. The politically most influential… Read more
- Yosemite National Park October 26, 2021 - Yosemite National Park is located in the US state of California. With over 3.2 million visitors annually, it is one of the most popular national parks in the United States.… Read more
- Best Travel Time and Climate for Anguilla October 19, 2021 - Anguilla is a warm and welcoming island destination in the northern Caribbean. Surrounded by fine white sandy beaches and breathtaking turquoise seas, Anguilla is a unique blend of style, simple… Read more
- Nova Scotia in Canada October 19, 2021 - Another and extremely fascinating Altlantic Province is Nova Scotia, the name is Latin for Nova Scotia. It has an area of about 55,280 km², making it the second smallest province… Read more
- Best Travel Time and Climate for Montserrat October 18, 2021 - Montserrat is a small island in the Caribbean that belongs to the Lesser Antilles. Not only is it beautiful, but also very contrasting. While the name comes from French, it… Read more
- Best Travel Time and Climate for French Polynesia October 17, 2021 - If you travel to French Polynesia, you will find countless atolls teeming with tropical fish and green mountain slopes with bamboo groves and vanilla vines. The islands are considered to… Read more
- Best Travel Time and Climate for La Réunion October 16, 2021 - The volcanic origins of La Réunion give this island an exceptionally beautiful landscape, which is characterized by high peaks, deep gorges and plains. With the fantastic backdrop, it is a… Read more